Terms of Service
Blueprint Events LLC
Last Updated: January 26, 2021
Blueprint Events LLC (“Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the information you share with us when you access and use our websites, attend our events, and other offerings herein referred to as (the “Services”). This policy describes how we collect, use and share personally identifiable information or personal data (collectively, “PII”) you provide to us when you register or contract with us to receive Services.
This policy may be supplemented by additional privacy terms or notices disclosed to you in connection with your registration for or receipt of Services.
WHAT WE COLLECT & METHOD OF COLLECTION
We collect PII and anonymous information from you in the course of your use of the Services, including your subscription or registration for any of our digital or in-person offerings such as newsletters or promotions, your participation in a survey, registration (either free or paid) for an event, or communication with us regarding the Services.
The categories of PII that we collect include identifiers; personal information under California disposal law; characteristics of protected classes; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity, geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar data; professional or employment information.
We may collect and process PII as follows:
• Information You Give Us. We collect your email address, name, postal address, phone number, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us through our Services.
• Information We Get From Others. We may receive information about you from other sources that are not affiliated with the Company and add that to the information you have provided to us. This information might be public information or data you provided to others with authorizations to share it with third parties.
• Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Services, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, IP address, and navigation history, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Services.
• Cookies. Like most website operators, we use “cookies” (small data files stored on your hard drive by a website). We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with our Services. This type of information is collected to help us provide you with a better, more relevant online experience.
USE OF YOUR PII
We may use your PII as follows:
• For Your Benefit. We use your PII to provide you with Services and information that you have requested from us or that we think may be of interest to you; to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service; and to communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners. Additionally, we will include your PII when creating a profile for you. We keep your profile up to date by adding information about your registrations or subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you access, how you interact with our offerings, and the like.
• To Improve Our Business. We will use your PII in order to ask for your input to help in our research about our Services. We may also send your PII in confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We may link or combine your PII with the PII of others in connection with our business.
SHARING OF YOUR PII
We may share your PII as follows:
• With Your Consent. We may share your PII with your consent, which you may give or withdraw. For example, you may let us share PII with others for their own marketing uses, subject their privacy policies.
• In Connection With Our Business. We may share your PII for a business purpose. For example, we may disclose your PII to those who need it to do work for us. Or, we may share your PII when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. Finally, we may share your PII with third parties that provide data analytics and marketing services. In the most recent 12-month period, we have shared the following categories of PII that we have disclosed for a business purpose The categories of PII that we collect include identifiers; personal information under California disposal law; characteristics of protected classes; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity, geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar data; professional or employment information.
Some instances of our sharing your PII may be considered a “sale” for purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code sections 1798.100 et. al.) (“CCPA”). The categories of PII that we have sold (as that term is defined in the CCPA) in the preceding 12 months include identifiers; personal information under California disposal law; characteristics of protected classes; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity, geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar data; professional or employment information.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
RETENTION OF PII
We retain your PII to facilitate the use and sharing described above. We will retain your PII as long as you continue to use our Services and where we have ongoing legitimate business needs to do so, and for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or prevent abuse.
We will retain such data for no longer than a reasonable period of time after we believe you will no longer receive Services. When we no longer have an ongoing business need to access your PII we will securely delete or anonymize it.
Cookies. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Services with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website works for you.
Marketing Communications. You may opt-out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails which include emails about your registration for an event. You may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies’ offerings as part of a business partner marketing program. To opt-out of a business partner marketing email program, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
Rights Regarding PII. You have the following rights with respect to your PII:
• Right to Be Informed. You have the right be informed about our use of your PII. You may request the categories of PII we have collected, the source of such PII, our use of such PII, and if such PII was sold to third parties, the categories of PII disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such PII was disclosed or sold.
• Right to Access. You may request a copy of the PII we collected about you during the 12 months prior to your request.
• Right to Deletion. You may request that remove or delete your PII. We may decline to delete your PII if retention is required to provide you with Services, detect or resolve security issues, comply with the law, or carry out actions for our internal purposes that you and other consumers would ordinarily anticipate.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may make such a request no more than twice in any 12-month period. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and may need to collect information from you to verify your identity. If you exercise your rights in this paragraph, we will not discriminate against you by denying you Services, charging you a different rate for those Services, providing you with a different quality of Services, or suggesting that you may receive a different rate or quality. We may offer financial incentives that are permitted by law.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
POLICIES REGARDING EVENT TICKETS
Our Cancellation/Refund policy as well as our Substitution/Transfer Policy apply to purchases of event tickets and are clearly listed during the ticket purchase process (hosted on a third-party site for processing of your credit card information). We list it here as well.
• Requests for full cancellation must be received by InsureTech Connect, LLC in writing PRIOR TO thirty (30) days before the event date, the “Cutoff Date” and will be subject to a $75 processing fee. Send refund requests to email@example.com.
• Refunds will not be granted after the Cutoff Date, but the registration may be transferred to a future event. Refunds/Credits will NOT be given to no-shows.
• All cancellation refunds will be processed within 4 weeks of the completion of the event.
• Substitution/Transfer Policy
• Registrations may be transferred from one party to another party prior to the week before the event date. Within 72 hours of the event date attendee substitutions cannot be guaranteed.
• All substitution requests will be processed within 2 business days. Substitutions between ticket types are not allowed, e.g., transferring a speaker pass to another person.
Blueprint Events LLC
49 E. 21st St. Apt 9D
New York, NY 10010